Our natural fibers, custom designs, handmade craftsmanship and exceptional carpets ground us. We want to know what grounds you? Every 2 weeks a new luxury rug will be featured with a conceptual theme to inspire your response. The winner chosen at the close of each theme will receive a prize package, and the Instagram post will automatically qualify for a chance to win the Grand Prize – a rug of choice from the campaign. See Official Contest Rules below.
- Follow Scott Group Studio on Instagram and Facebook
- Show us what grounds you via Instagram, based on the current rug inspiration concept.
- Tag your post with #SGSwhatgroundsyou (@scottgroupstudio)
- At the end of each Rug design launch we will select our favorite visual response as the winner and announce on our Social Media Channels.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. PROMOTION SUMMARY. The Scott Group “What Grounds You” Instagram Contest (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Scott Group Custom Carpets, LLC, d/b/a Scott Group Studio (“Scott Group” or “Sponsor”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NO ENTRY FEE. THIS PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Scott Group is offering this Promotion only to legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. territories) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Scott Group employees and their immediate family members, as well as employees or immediate family members of Scott Group’s affiliated companies, subsidiaries, divisions, parents and related companies, promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Promotion are not eligible to participate in the Promotion but may share images as described below for the sole purpose of creating “buzz” around the Promotion. “Immediate family member” includes those living in the same household as the employee, as well as the employee’s spouse, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, nieces, nephews and grandchildren. By entering and participating in the Promotion, you agree to abide by and be bound to these Official Rules and the decisions of Scott Group as it relates to these Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. Scott Group reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant; if an entrant is found to be ineligible to enter the Promotion, his/her entry will be considered invalid. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by national, state, municipal, provincial or any other government laws. This Promotion is not offered in states where registration of the Promotion is required.
3. START AND END DATES. The Promotion will begin on September 2, 2017 at 8:00 a.m. EST and will end on January 17, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Promotion Entry Period”). Entries received during the Promotion Entry Period will be evaluated based on the criteria and schedule outlined below. On or about January 26, 2018, Scott Group will announce the winner of the Promotion, and the prize(s) will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules.
4. HOW TO ENTER. No purchase necessary. Enter for free online by sharing an original image on Instagram with the hashtag #sgswhatgroundsyou and tagging @scottgroupstudio. The submission must come from an Instagram account that is set for public (“Private Account” setting cannot be turned on). Scott Group will share a theme and a different image of a Scott Group rug on its Instagram profile approximately every two weeks during the Promotion Entry Period in accordance with the schedule outlined in Section 15 below. Images submitted by participants should be inspired by the theme and rug image for the then-current two-week contest section (each, a “Contest Section”). A finalist will be selected at the end of each Contest Section (see schedule in Section 15) and one grand prize winner will be selected at the end of the Promotion Entry Period from among the six finalists, as more particularly described in Section 6 below. There is no limit to the number of entries a participant may submit during the Promotion Entry Period or any given Contest Section, but Scott Group reserves the right to disqualify you if you use robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar means to enter the Promotion. Scott Group has no obligation to acknowledge or respond to individual postings or entries. Any entry that, in Scott Group’s sole and absolute discretion, (i) is obscene, profane, lewd or defamatory; (ii) includes anti-social content, a commercial solicitation or promotional materials, or any address, phone number, or URL address; (iii) includes branded, copyrighted, trademarked items or otherwise may infringe upon the intellectual or proprietary rights of a third party; (iv) is not in keeping with Scott Group’s image; or (v) is otherwise objectionable, may not be considered and may be disqualified.
5. PRIZE. Scott Group will award one grand prize winner (the “Contest Winner”): (1) a 5′ x 8′ rug with an approximate retail value of between $2,420 and $4,200, depending on the rug selected by the Contest Winner, and (2) cash (or cash equivalent) equal to 33% of the value of the rug, as determined by Scott Group. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The Contest Winner must choose one of five rug designs shared by Scott Group during the Promotion (the CELINE rug will not be available as a prize). If the rug selected by the Contest Winner becomes unavailable for any reason, Scott Group, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. No cash alternative or other substitution of a prize is permitted, except at the sole option of Scott Group. Scott Group will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. The Contest Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state or local taxes associated with the receipt of the prize(s). The Contest Winner must fill out and provide Scott Group with a valid IRS Form W-9 before the prize(s) will be awarded, and the Contest Winner may receive an IRS Form 1099-MISC from Scott Group at the end of the year declaring the value of the prize(s) won by the Contest Winner.
6. SELECTION OF FINALISTS AND WINNER. On each Thursday (but announced on Friday or Monday, in accordance with the schedule in Section 15) following the close of each of the six Contest Sections, a finalist will be chosen from among the valid entries received between the time that Contest Section’s inspirational image or theme was shared and 11:59 p.m. EST on the final day of the Contest Section. Each finalist will be chosen by a panel consisting of two representatives from Interior Design magazine plus the Marketing Director, Creative Director, and Design Director from Scott Group (the “Panel”). The Panel will choose as a finalist the entry the Panel feels best represents the Contest Section’s theme from the perspectives of being interesting, creative, and original. No participant may be selected as a finalist more than once; once a participant is selected as a finalist, any additional entries from that participant will be disregarded. The Panel will use the same criteria as described above to select the Contest Winner from among the six finalists and will announce such winner on or about January 26, 2018. Decisions of the Panel will be final. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Any potential finalists or Contest Winner may be requested to provide Scott Group with proof that he/she meets the eligibility requirements for the Promotion and/or is the authorized account holder of the Instagram account associated with the entry selected as a finalist or winner. In case of a dispute as to the identity of a finalist or the Contest Winner, such entry will be declared made by the registered user of the Instagram account, and if the prize(s) are won, and such registered user has submitted a valid entry, the prize(s) will be awarded to such registered user.
7. ANNOUNCEMENT AND NOTIFICATION OF FINALISTS AND WINNER. Scott Group will announce each finalist and the Contest Winner via Instagram Live in accordance with the schedule outlined in Section 15 below, and will also notify each finalist and the Contest Winner via direct message on Instagram. The Contest Winner will have ten (10) business days to respond, choose a prize rug from among the five options presented, submit a Form W-9, and provide a valid postal address (not a P.O. Box) to receive shipment of the prize(s). If the Contest Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim and select his/her prize(s) within the specified time period, his/her prize(s) may be forfeited. By accepting the prize(s), the Contest Winner hereby consents to the use of his/her name, voice and/or likeness by Scott Group, for advertising purposes without additional compensation unless otherwise prohibited by law.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Scott Group reserves the right, in its sole discretion: (i) to disqualify any individual it suspects to be in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in a disruptive or dishonest manner; (ii) to disqualify any individual whom Scott Group suspects or for whom Scott Group has actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Promotion; and/or (iii) to modify, terminate or suspend the Promotion if a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the integrity, administration or fairness of the Promotion. By submitting your entry, you understand and agree that Scott Group, anyone acting on behalf of Scott Group, and Scott Group’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Promotion, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By submitting your entry, you also represent that you have permission from all persons appearing in the image (if any) to enter the image in this Promotion, and that all such persons also understand and agree to the above statements regarding potential use of the image. You agree to remove your entry from your Instagram profile upon Scott Group’s request. By entering this Promotion, you represent and warrant that your entry does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, any patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets or any other intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Scott Group. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Scott Group from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Scott Group may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. DISCLAIMER. Scott Group is not responsible for unauthorized human intervention, phone, technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or other failures relating to the Promotion. Scott Group and its respective employees, agents and representatives are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription or loss or delay of entry or prize reply information, or for any technical or human errors associated with the Promotion.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Scott Group, Instagram, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and/or related companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, contractors, successors and assigns from any claims, actions, demands, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including, attorneys’ fees) of any kind, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, whether foreseeable or not and whether based on negligence or otherwise, arising out of your participation in the Promotion. Without limiting the foregoing, the Promotion, prize(s) and materials are provided “as-is” without any warranty (except for manufacturers’ warranties, if any) or representation of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
11. MISCELLANEOUS. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Scott Group’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. When terms such as “may” are used in these Official Rules, Scott Group has sole and absolute discretion. You agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of any provision hereof. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials, content on the Scott Group website, and/or the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved at Scott Group’s sole and absolute discretion. Any questions, comments, or complaints should be directed to email@example.com.
12. GOVERNING LAW. This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States of America and the state of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules or provisions. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Michigan having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion), and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. WINNERS LIST. To learn the identity of the finalists or Contest Winner or to obtain a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a self-addressed envelope to: Scott Group Studio, 3232 Kraft Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512. Requests must be received no later than February 28, 2018.
14. SPONSOR. The Sponsor of this Promotion is Scott Group Custom Carpets, LLC, d/b/a Scott Group Studio, 3232 Kraft Avenue SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512.
15. CONTEST SCHEDULE.
CAMBRIAN – Contest Section 1
o Saturday, September 2, 2017 – Wednesday September 20, 2017
o Finalist announced Friday, September 22, 2017
LUZON – Contest Section 2
o Wednesday, September 27, 2017 – Wednesday, October 11, 2017
o Finalist announced Friday, October 13, 2017
KASTEEL – Contest Section 3
o Wednesday, October 18, 2017 – Wednesday, November 1, 2017
o Finalist announced Friday, November 3, 2017
BODEN – Contest Section 4
o Wednesday, November 8, 2017 – Wednesday, November 22, 2017
o Finalist announced Monday, November 27, 2017
CELINE – Contest Section 5
o Wednesday, November 29, 2017 – Wednesday, December 13, 2017
o Finalist announced Friday, December 15, 2017
SWARA – Contest Section 6
o Wednesday, January 3, 2018 – Wednesday, January 17, 2018
o Finalist announced Friday, January 19, 2018
o Contest Winner announced Friday, January 26, 2018