Official Contest Rules
- PROMOTION SUMMARY. The Scott Group “Connect with Us” Giveaway Contest (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Scott Group Custom Carpets, LLC, d/b/a Scott Group Studio (“Scott Group” or “Sponsor”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NO ENTRY FEE.
THIS PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- ELIGIBILITY. Scott Group is offering this Promotion only to legal residents of the United
States (excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. territories) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
Scott Group employees and their immediate family members, as well as employees or immediate family members of Scott Group’s affiliated companies, subsidiaries, divisions, parents and related companies, promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Promotion are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. “Immediate family member” includes those living in the same household as the employee, as well as the employee’s spouse, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, nieces, nephews and grandchildren. By entering and participating in the Promotion, you agree to abide by and be bound to these Official Rules and the decisions of Scott Group as it relates to these Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. Scott Group reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant; if an entrant is found to be ineligible to enter the Promotion, his/her entry will be considered invalid. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by national, state, municipal, provincial or any other government laws. This Promotion is not offered in states where registration of the Promotion is required.
- START AND END DATES. The Promotion will begin on Monday, November 9th, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. EST and will end on Sunday, December 6th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Promotion Entry Period”). Entries received during the Promotion Entry Period will be evaluated based on the criteria and schedule outlined below.
On or about Monday, December 7th, 2020, Scott Group will announce the winner of the Promotion to the prize winner and the prize(s) will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules.
- HOW TO ENTER. No purchase necessary. Enter for free online by subscribing to both the Scott Group Studio newsletter and following the Scott Group Studio Instagram account. Scott Group reserves the right to disqualify you if you do not follow/subscribe to both platforms, use robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar means to enter the Promotion. Scott Group has no obligation to acknowledge or respond to individual postings or entries.
- PRIZE. Scott Group will award one grand prize winner (the “Contest Winner”): (1) a 5′ x 8′ rug with an approximate retail value of between $2,420 and $4,200. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. If the rug selected by the Contest Winner becomes unavailable for any reason, Scott Group, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. No cash alternative or other substitution of a prize is permitted, except at the sole option of Scott Group. Scott Group will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. The Contest Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state or local taxes associated with the receipt of the prize(s). The Contest Winner must fill out and provide Scott Group with a valid IRS Form W-9 before the prize(s) will be awarded, and the Contest Winner may receive an IRS Form 1099-MISC from Scott Group at the end of the year declaring the value of the prize(s) won by the Contest Winner.
- SELECTION OF WINNER. On end date, a finalist will be chosen at random by a winner generator (using server-side random function, and 3-step Randomness Process Certification. A client-side certification file can be provided to prove that the data source has no error upon request), from among the valid entries received between the time that Contest was started and 11:59 p.m. EST on the final day of the Contest Section. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Any Contest Winner may be requested to provide Scott Group with proof that he/she meets the eligibility requirements for the Promotion and/or is the authorized account holder of the Instagram/email account associated with the entry selected as a finalist or winner. In case of a dispute as to the identity of a finalist or the Contest Winner, such entry will be declared made by the registered user of the Instagram account, and if the prize(s) are won, and such registered user has submitted a valid entry, the prize(s) will be awarded to such registered user.
- ANNOUNCEMENT AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER. Scott Group will notify the Contest Winner via direct message on Instagram. The Contest Winner will have ten (10) business days to respond, submit a Form W-9, and provide a valid postal address (not a P.O. Box) to receive shipment of the prize(s). If the Contest Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim and select his/her prize(s) within the specified time period, his/her prize(s) may be forfeited. By accepting the prize(s), the Contest Winner hereby consents to the use of his/her name, voice and/or likeness by Scott Group, for advertising purposes without additional compensation unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Scott Group reserves the right, in its sole discretion: (i) to disqualify any individual it suspects to be in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in a disruptive or dishonest manner; (ii) to disqualify any individual whom Scott Group suspects or for whom Scott Group has actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Promotion; and/or (iii) to modify, terminate or suspend the Promotion if a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the integrity, administration or fairness of the Promotion. By submitting your entry, you understand and agree that Scott Group, anyone acting on behalf of Scott Group, and Scott Group’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Promotion, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By submitting your entry, you also represent that you have are the owner of the Instagram account and email account. You agree to remove your entry from your Instagram profile upon Scott Group’s request. By entering this Promotion, you represent and warrant that your entry does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, any patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets or any other intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Scott Group. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Scott Group from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Scott Group may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- DISCLAIMER. Scott Group is not responsible for unauthorized human intervention, phone, technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or other failures relating to the Promotion. Scott Group and its respective employees, agents and representatives are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription or loss or delay of entry or prize reply information, or for any technical or human errors associated with the Promotion.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Scott Group, Instagram, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and/or related companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, contractors, successors and assigns from any claims, actions, demands, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including, attorneys’ fees) of any kind, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, whether foreseeable or not and whether based on negligence or otherwise, arising out of your participation in the Promotion. Without limiting the foregoing, the Promotion, prize(s) and materials are provided “as-is” without any warranty (except for manufacturers’ warranties, if any) or representation of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- MISCELLANEOUS. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Scott Group’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. When terms such as “may” are used in these Official Rules, Scott Group has sole and absolute discretion. You agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of any provision hereof. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials, content on the Scott Group website, and/or the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved at Scott Group’s sole and absolute discretion. Any questions, comments, or complaints should be directed to email@example.com.
- GOVERNING LAW. This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States of America and the state of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules or provisions. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Michigan having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion), and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- OFFICIAL RULES. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a self-addressed envelope to: Scott Group Studio, 3232 Kraft Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512. Requests must be received no later than one month after promo, 2020.
- SPONSOR. The Sponsor of this Promotion is Scott Group Custom Carpets, LLC, d/b/a Scott Group Studio, 3232 Kraft Avenue SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512.
- CONTEST SCHEDULE.
o Contest Winner announced via Instagram message on Monday, December 7, 2020.